THE FIRST 2017/2018 UNIMA CONGREGATION ON 27TH FEBRUARY, 2019
08 February, 2019
UNIVERSITY OF MALAWI PRESS RELEASE
06 February 2018
UNIVERSITY OF MALAWI CONGREGATION FOR 2017/2018 GRADUANDS
The University of Malawi wishes to inform graduands and the general public that its First Congregation will be held on Wednesday, 27th February, 2019 in the Great Hall at Chancellor College in Zomba from 7:30 a.m. The Vice-Chancellor, Professor John D. Kalenga Saka, will preside over the ceremony. Academic awards shall be conferred to graduands in the following programmes:
A. Chancellor College
1. Bachelor of Science;
2. Bachelor of Science (Family and Consumer Science);
3. Bachelor of Social Science (Social Work);
4. Bachelor of Arts (Theology);
5. Master of Education (Policy, Planning and Leadership);
6. Master of Education Testing, Measurement and Evaluation.
B. College of Medicine
1. Bachelor of Science in Health Management;
2. Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery;
3. Bachelor of Science Pharmacy;
4. Bachelor of Science in Anaethesia and Intensive Care;
5. Bachelor of Science in Internal Medicine;
6. Bachelor of Science in Obstetrics & Gynaecology;
7. Bachelor of Science in Paediatrics and Child;
8. Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy;
9. Bachelor of Science in Truama & Orthopaedic;
10. Bachelor of Science in Medical and Laboratory Sciences;
11. Post graduate Diploma in Public Health;
12. Master of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
C. Kamuzu College of Nursing
1. BSc of Science in Nursing and Midwifery;
2. BSc of Science in Nursing (Post Basic)-Midwifery;
3. BSc of Science in Nursing (Post Basic)-Health Nursing;
4. BSc of Science in Nursing (Post Basic)-Community Health Nursing;
5. BSc Science in Nursing (Post Basic)-Nursing Education;
6. BSc of Science in Nursing (Post Basic)-Paediatric Nursing;
7. Postgraduate Diploma in Community Health Nursing;
8. Postgraduate Diploma in Reproductive Health;
9. Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery Education.
1. Bachelor of Accountancy;
2. Bachelor of Business Administration;
3. Master of Science in Environmental Health;
4. Master of Science in Environmental Protection Management;
5. Post graduate Diploma in Applied Sciences (Renewable Energy).
E. Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources
1. Master of Agriculture and Applied Economics;
2. Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture and Resource Economics;
3. Doctor of Philosophy in Rural Development and extension.
Dress rehearsals for the Congregation will be held on Tuesday, 26th February, 2019 in the Great Hall at Chancellor College in Zomba from 8:00 a.m. Graduands are required to come in their graduation attire and are asked to be punctual. Only those that attend rehearsals shall be allowed to graduate.
Academic dress for the Congregation shall be available for hire from Wednesday, 20th February 2019 from graduands’ respective Colleges. The hiring charges for the graduation attire are as follows:
(a) Diploma Set K8,000
(b) Bachelors Set K10,000
(c) Masters Set K30,000
(d) PhD Set K40,000
All candidates must return their academic dress immediately after the graduation. Any unreturned academic dress shall attract a penalty fee of K5, 000 for the first day of delay and K2, 000 for each subsequent day of delay payable before the release of the certificate. Candidates who owe the College money shall not be allowed to graduate.
Candidates who require photography services shall be informed about the details of accredited photographers during rehearsals. Candidates should contact their respective Colleges for invitation cards of their guardians.
All photographers shall be required to pay to the Cashier on the day of rehearsals as follows;
(a) Inside the Great Hall K25, 000
(b) Outside the Great Hall K10, 000
For inquiries, please contact: The University Registrar on the following numbers 01 526 622 /01 524 456 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit our website: www.unima.mw